Wednesday 23 March 2011

More Snow!?!

I will admit that I had, rather foolishly I suppose, allowed myself to believe that winter was over and there was going to be nothing but spring-like weather from here on in.  I do not count snow and freezing rain as spring-like weather so as you can imagine I was rather disappointed to wake up this morning to both of those things.  I still remember the days when I was in school and I would wake up just long enough to hear someone on the radio say that buses are cancelled and then fall blissfully back to sleep, but those days are gone and I am expected to show up at work in the event of blizzards and such.  Now, those people who know me know that I will do just about anything in my power to avoid driving in nasty wintery conditions so on days like today, I choose to take the city bus to work.  The apartment that I live in falls almost directly between 2 bus stops, one stop has a shelter the other does not.  Today, obviously, I chose shelter, and unfortunately that meant walking directly into the wind and getting pelted in the face with freezing rain the whole way.  I did make it to work safely, although about 20 minutes late. Of course, I realized throughout the day that it wasn't as bad as I thought and I probably should have just driven to work.  I also made the sad discovery that I used my last bus ticket to get to work, and sadder still was the fact that I didn't even have $2.75 on me to pay for the bus home.  Luckily for me work, the bank and the bus stop are all in fairly close proximity and the freezing rain wasn't pelting nearly as hard as it was this morning.  So I got some money, bought a pop at the variety store so I could get change for the bus and eventually got home.  So, if it wasn't already obvious, I'm done with the snow and ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment