Thursday 17 March 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ahh St. Patrick's Day, one of the few days of the year when you are allowed, some would say encouraged, to look completely ridiculous as long as there is something green or in the shape of a shamrock on your person.  I myself rocked some bright green eyeshadow today, and I must say I don't think I'm going to wait another 364 days before I do it again.  Now many of you may be shocked to discover that St. Patrick's Day is not all about green beer, and the subsequent green vomit.  This is acutally a religious holiday, and it falls during Lent when people traditionally give up something that they enjoy, becuase of this some of the Lent restrictions are relaxed today and families may eat and drink what they please.  Although don't take my word for this, please consult your priest or other spiritual leader before you go crazy on whatever you gave up for Lent.  Well that is my little educational tidbit for today, now go put on some green eyeshadow and enjoy a green cocktail or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment