Monday 27 June 2011

Studying, LOMA, and Cupcakes

If you’ve been wondering where the hells I’ve been lately, I’ve spent the last few weeks chained to my computer studying for my LOMA exam, which was today and which I passed with a 90%. Yay me!! By way of background information LOMA is the Life Office Management Association which offers professional development courses for the financial, insurance, and other industries.  The exam I just wrote was for LOMA 280 – Principles of Insurance, the first course of the Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) designation.  The designation consists of 10 courses.  You can only take one course at a  time and this one took me about 5 months to complete (although there were a couple of months in the middle when I didn’t really work on it at all), so in theory the designation could take about 5 years.  The great thing about these courses is that I take them through my work and they pay for them, unless I fail the test and then I have to reimburse the course fee.  Now here’s my dilemma, since the future of my career is at this time somewhat uncertain (as I’m trying to relocate to the town my Mister lives in) do I sign up for the next course?  If I sign up and don’t complete the course, I have to pay the course fee.  But on the other hand continuous learning always looks good on a resume, and if I complete the second course I get a certificate to show I’ve done level 1 of my FLMI designation.

On a more fun and delicious note I had the best cupcakes ever on the weekend!  My Mister and I were celebrating his birthday and I decided to buy cupcakes instead of a cake.  I went to Razzle Dazzle Cupcakes in London, and I highly recommend that everyone go there!!  My Mister is kind of a food snob, and he’s not really a big fan of cupcakes in general and he went crazy over these cupcakes.  I cannot stress enough how amazing these cupcakes are.  It’s just a family run bakery in an old converted house where the people are really nice and the cupcakes are beautiful and yummy. Seriously, Best! Cupcakes! Ever!  Oh, and if you go there and buy cupcakes, please pick up one for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment