Thursday 23 February 2012

A very decent proposal

I know I have been away from the blog for a very long time but I have some big news...I’m engaged!  I know that wasn’t much of a lead in but I’m too excited to drag it out too long.  I love to tell the story of how he proposed so I thought I’d post it here so that those of you I may not see for a while can still get the details.

Our 2 year anniversary was on Feb 17th but since my Mr. was working that night we decided to go out and celebrate on the 18th which was a Saturday.  He told me that he had a plan and it was going to be a surprise so I had no idea what we were doing.  On the Friday he surprised me at work with flowers which was really sweet, so I was really excited about our date on Saturday. One of the girls at work asked if I thought I might be getting something sparkly but my Mr. had told me he still had to save up for a ring so I wasn’t expecting one yet.  So Saturday evening comes along and I got all dressed up because he told me we were going somewhere kind of nice in Sarnia.  And he had made a couple of comments about maybe going to the movies, and that’s about all I knew at that point.  On our way to Sarnia I told him the conversation I had with my coworker about him saving up for a ring, and I joked that he may have just told me that to throw me off, because that’s totally something he would do, but I really didn’t expect anything at that point.  So we got to Sarnia and ended up at Seyo Sushi which is the restaurant we went to on our first date.  By the way, any sushi lovers in the area must try Seyo, it’s more expensive than the all you can eat places but the quality is amazing!! Seyo is about as good as it gets for sushi around here!  So we had an amazing meal and then he said there was still more to the plan and he started driving through Sarnia.  Then he started saying that he wasn’t sure where we were, he thought he made a wrong turn and things like that, so I was getting a little worried because I had no idea where we are either.  Soon we pulled in under the blue water bridge, another place we went on our first date.  A few minutes later he got out to check on the tire that he had to put air in on our way to Sarnia.  He tapped on my window and I opened my door and he leaned in and hit the cd player.  He told me that he wasn’t sure when he fell in love with me but he remembered sitting under that bridge with that song playing and knowing that there was something special about me that he needed to get to know better.  It was a really obscure love song that we sang together on that first date and he was very surprised that I knew it.  He suddenly dropped to his knee just outside the van door and I immediately started crying!  He asked and I said yes.  He had a cute sparkly ring as a token ring until we could get the real one so he put that on my finger.  Then he got back in the van and asked if I still wanted to go to the movies or if I’d rather go ring shopping.  So of course, we went ring shopping and picked out a beautiful black and white diamond ring that’s in the shape of a bow, it’s not a traditional engagement ring but that’s what we love about it. 



In all honesty I was totally surprised; I was not at all expecting a proposal that night and had no idea that had been his plan all along!  Also, it turned out that when he delivered flowers to my work the day before he had just come from my parent’s house; he was asking for their blessing which of course they were happy to give.

So now we’re engaged and I got a wonderful proposal that I will never forget and a beautiful ring that is unlike anyone else’s engagement ring.  Now on with the planning…

No comments:

Post a Comment