Thursday 18 August 2011

Delicious...

I’ve been thinking lately that I would like to cook more, and not just cook but cook with really nice, fresh, and delicious ingredients.  I’ve been having a lot of those days where I just don’t feel like cooking after a long day at work.  On those days my go to meals might be frozen pizza, or mac and cheese, or chicken wings and fries…delicious yes, but fresh and nutritious? Not so much.  I also really like to cook when I have the time and the motivation, which isn’t often these days.  But last week I did get the motivation to cook, I was feeling really tired and run down one day and decided that a nice home cooked meal with fresh ingredients was exactly what I needed.  I went to the store and picked up various fruits and veggies and a salmon fillet and made the yummiest dinner.  I made pan fried salmon with sautéed zucchini and mushrooms with garlic, and a spinach salad on the side topped with orange pieces, strawberries, sliced avocado, goat milk cheese and olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing.  It was delicious and exactly what I needed.  It looked so good, and I’m such a dork I even took a picture so everyone can be jealous of my awesome dinner.  Beats the crap out of the leftover Kraft Dinner I just ate!

Delicious and Nutritious - Can't beat that!


No comments:

Post a Comment