Monday 25 July 2011

Dear Old Navy,

Here is the email I recently sent to Old Navy (custserv@oldnavy.ca):

Dear Old Navy:

I recently went on your Canadian website to check out your plus size selection since it is no longer available in stores.  I was very disappointed to discover that your women’s plus is only available on your American site. 

Now, I have spent a significant amount of money at Old Navy in the past.  While I am a plus sized woman, many of the tops and sweaters that you carry fit me very nicely, and I have also shopped for gifts on numerous occasions for friends and family.  For the past few years Old Navy has been one of my favourite places to do a lot of my Christmas shopping.  Unfortunately, since you clearly don’t want my plus sized, Canadian dollars anymore, I won’t be shopping in your stores, and I refuse to pay the exorbitant rates on international shipping from your American site, and I will be encouraging my friends and family to do the same.

Thank you,
Rachel Hart


And here is Old Navy's response:

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the lack of Plus sized merchandise at Old Navy and oldnavycanada.ca. We do our best to offer our customers top quality, fashionable merchandise at a fair price, and we regret disappointing you. Customer feedback is an important part of our business and we will be sure to share your remarks with our design and merchandising teams.

We appreciate your business and hope that you will continue to check out our latest fashions at Old Navy.
If we may be of further assistance, please contact us at custserv@oldnavy.ca or 1-800-653-6289.
Now, I must admit that I really like Old Navy, they have cute stuff at great prices and to be fair they do carry regular stock up to a size 18, which is better than many stores.  I just can't support a store that won't cater to me.  So I won't be spending any of my hard earned money at Old Navy any more.  I don't expect anyone else to do the same but if you're affected by this please let Old Navy know that you're disappointed, and feel free to copy the email that I wrote to them.  It is not ok for retailers to exclude plus size women, and we need to let them know that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment